Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
alexnaldocs #1
Member since Sep 2005 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Visual Studio 2005
Hi Alex,

I saw that you changed the sources about the socket. Now you are using Async. Very good !

As I said before, I will create a XMPP Server, but I'm reading the XMPP protocol to understand how to do.

The sources compiled fine with VS2005...I will try the Mini client now..

Thanks,
Alexnaldo Santos
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4449 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
hi Alexnaldo,

yes is the latest code all the sockets stuff is async.
But this are client sockets and no server sockets. For server stuff you have to create your own socket class and use all the protocol classes in agsXMPP.
There are no server sockets yet in the library because i think its very hard to  write a server socket that fits for everybody. Threading, count of concurrent connections etc...
Its a big difference if you wriet a server for 100 users or millions of users.
But if we could work out smth together it would be cool.

Alex
Alex #3
and its great to know that it works under .NEt 2.0 ;-)
alexnaldocs #4
Member since Sep 2005 · 3 posts
Yes. We can do it togheter ! But, before I will understand the XMPP protocol.

I have been write a Server using socket for my old software for 100+ concurrent users.

Thanks,
Alexnado Santos
soroosh #5
Member since Dec 2005 · 6 posts
Subject: Incompatible MiniClient and agsMXPP in VS 2005
Hi,

I download agsXMPP version 0.61 and also MiniClient sample.
I use VisyalStudio .Net and I'm new in .Net programing with C#!

when I want to compile MiniClient that referenced to new version of agsXMPP dll I recieve some errors: :!:
Error    1    Cannot implicitly convert type 'Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.CertificateValidationCallback' to 'agsXMPP.net.BaseSocket.CertificateValidationCallback'    C:\Messenger\agsXMPP\MiniClient\frmMain.cs    95    112    MiniClient

Error    2    The type 'agsXMPP.protocol.x.data.Data' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'agsXMPP, Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ff839b81f1debe86'.    C:\Messenger\agsXMPP\MiniClient\frmXData.cs    29    4    MiniClient

Error    3    The best overloaded method match for 'agsXMPP.ui.xdata.XDataControl.Create(agsXMPP.protocol.x.data.Data)' has some invalid arguments    C:\Messenger\agsXMPP\MiniClient\frmXData.cs    29    4    MiniClient

Error    4    Argument '1': cannot convert from 'agsXMPP.protocol.x.data.Data [c:\Messenger\agsXMPP\agsxmpp\bin\Windows\Debug\agsXMPP.dll]' to 'agsXMPP.protocol.x.data.Data []'    C:\Messenger\agsXMPP\MiniClient\frmXData.cs    29    30    MiniClient

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any new version of samples or solution to solve this problem and help me to compile this sample without any problems? :?:

Thanks,
Alex #6
Hello,

Yes there were some changes. The MiniClient compiles only with the dll that ships with the MiniClient. NET 2.0 has build in SSL support and doesnt need the Mono SSL library anymore.
If you give me your mail address i can send you a newer version if MiniClient for VS2005.

Alex
soroosh #7
Subject: MiniClient 2005
Hello Alex,

I sent my email address via pm to you.

I am grateful.
soroosh #8
Subject: .Net framework
Hi,

If I want to run this MiniClient in other computers, should I install .Net framework 2 in new system?
If yes, how much its size in MB? and can where can I download it?
Alex #9
Hi soroosh,

agsXMPP is compatible with all versions of .NET. You can also compile the MiniClient for all versions of .NET.
And yes the PC that should run the MiniClient will need the .NET Framework. Its about 20MB. Here is a download for Version 2
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.a…?familyid=0…
But its also in the Windows update. I think lots of PCs have the Framework already installed. And all future OS from MS like Windows Vista include it and are based on it.

Alex
alexan #10
Member since Aug 2006 · 7 posts
Hi Alex,

I'm new in XMPP and I want to try learn XMPP from agsXMPP, I just download agsXMPP 0.8 and the sample, when i run the miniclient on visual studio 2005, the was some error occure

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'accept' does not exist in the namespace 'agsXMPP.protocol.component' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    D:\Project\XMPP Framework\SAMPLE\VS2005\Component\Class1.cs    56    78    Component

Error    2    Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Net.Security.RemoteCertificateValidationCallback' to 'agsXMPP.net.BaseSocket.CertificateValidationCallback'    D:\Project\XMPP Framework\SAMPLE\VS2005\MiniClient\frmMain.cs    116    119    MiniClient

Error    3    Cannot implicitly convert type 'agsXMPP.Xml.Dom.ElementList' to 'agsXMPP.Xml.Dom.NodeList'    D:\Project\XMPP Framework\SAMPLE\VS2005\MiniClient\frmMain.cs    144    32    MiniClient

could you please give solution for this error....

thanks
This post was edited on 2006-08-02, 20:08 by alexan.
Alex #11
Hello,

we don't upate the examples with each release. So compile the examples against the binaries which ship with the examples.
Its possible that some classes and namespaces were changed with the new release.

Alex
alexan #12
Member since Aug 2006 · 7 posts
hi Alex
thanks for your response, i can build the example now :) , you have done a great jobs :)
Alex #13
Hello,

i think we will include the samples with the next release in the SDK. So they should always be up to date and compile without problems.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS