Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
devcovato #1
Member since Apr 2010 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Good connection on Windows XP, bad connection on Windows Vista/7
Hi,

I develop a WPF client (.NET 3.5SP1) on Windows XP with latest agsxmpp library (1.1). Till now I hadn't problem to connect to company's server (OpenFire lastest release) from my home, but when customer try cannot connect. No errors reported in any events.
In first time I though problem on LAN configuration (firewall, dns), then I find out that customer use Windows Vista and Seven. I suggest to disable IPv6, but no good results. So, I ask a test on Windows XP and this time connect to the server. They see Roster List, Presence changes status, do Conversation Chat.

I report here my connection configuration code:

1. Connection.AutoAgents = false;
  2. Connection.AutoRoster = true;
  3. Connection.AutoPresence = false;
  4. Connection.Username = AccountSettings.Instance.Username;
  5. Connection.Server = AccountSettings.Instance.Domain;
  6. Connection.Password = AccountSettings.Instance.Password;
  8. Connection.Resource = AccountSettings.Instance.Resource;
  9. Connection.Priority = AccountSettings.Instance.Priority;
  10. Connection.UseStartTLS = AccountSettings.Instance.UseTLS;         // true
  11. Connection.UseSSL = AccountSettings.Instance.UseSSL;                // false
  12. Connection.UseCompression = AccountSettings.Instance.UseCompression;    // true
  14. Connection.AutoResolveConnectServer = AccountSettings.Instance.AutoResolveConnectServer; // false
  15. Connection.ConnectServer = AccountSettings.Instance.ConnectServer;
  17. if (AccountSettings.Instance.Port > 0)
  18.     Connection.Port = AccountSettings.Instance.Port;
  20. if (AccountSettings.Instance.UseBOSH)
  21.     Connection.SocketConnectionType = agsXMPP.net.SocketConnectionType.Bosh;
  22. else
  23.     Connection.SocketConnectionType = agsXMPP.net.SocketConnectionType.Direct;

So, I know that there are different stack TCP from WinXP to WinVista/7, but have you any idea? Or maybe I miss something about configuration connection?

Cheers,
Davide
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by devcovato:
So, I know that there are different stack TCP from WinXP to WinVista/7, but have you any idea? Or maybe I miss something about configuration connection?

no, there is no difference if you setup connections on XP. Vista or W7. Maybe there is a problem on the Vista machine or a firewall problem.

Alex
devcovato #3
You reference about a WPF client? Or the machine to contact OpenServer? Because with Spark client the customer can connect to the server without problems!

Davide
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
you have to debug your code and the library on the machine to see whats going wrong.

Alex
devcovato #5
Hi,

We find out the problem: Kaspersky Antivirus + Firewall, not added a rule to its firewall that present in Windows Firewall.

Cheers,
Davide
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS