Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
FractalizeR #1
Member since Feb 2010 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: 1.1 version is released more than year ago. Is the project deprecated in favor of Matrix?
Hello.

agsXMPP SDK is the GREATEST thing I saw for XAMPP development. But as I can see, no new versions released for more than a year. Is this project considered as deprecated in favor of new Matrix one? I see, that Matrix is no more GPLed.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
the latest code is in SVN. Its on my TODO list to make a new release from the latest code.
The development is not deprecated, but agsXMPP stable, there are no bug reports and feature request. This is why there was no new release for a while.

Alex
FractalizeR #3
Member since Feb 2010 · 2 posts
Thanks for info. If I may recommend... I think you should release new version each several month. You can write some nonsense in change log (like "comments corrected" or "new line added in comments"), but users should know, that the project is still maintained. We usually judge so looking at the date of the latest release... ;)
Chris Hagan #4
Member since Feb 2010 · 4 posts
Would you recommend that we build from trunk, or that we use the currently released binary for maximum stability?
Alex #5
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
the trunk code should be stable. There are not many changes from the latest release t the trunk code.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS