Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX and XmppDotNet RSS
kakamatyi #1
Member since Jul 2009 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: silverlight vcard + file transfer
The sample code does not contain the vcard button in the matrix sdk, however the online version does.
Is it possible to get the latest version?

Do you plan to support file transfer over 7777 file proxy just like in .Net SDK?
Would it be any technical reaeson not to implement it or may I start working on it?

Thanks...
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4449 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by kakamatyi:
The sample code does not contain the vcard button in the matrix sdk, however the online version does.
Is it possible to get the latest version?

contact me by email and I can send you the vcard code.

Quote by kakamatyi:
Do you plan to support file transfer over 7777 file proxy just like in .Net SDK?
Would it be any technical reaeson not to implement it or may I start working on it?

there are currently no plans because of the following reasons:

• port 7777 is not available in Silverlight. There is the port range restriction.
  • I think in a web application there are better and easier ways to exchange a file. Eg like Meebo does it. You can upload the file over HTTP to a server and just send a link to your contacts for download.

But I am open for other opinions and arguments.

Alex
kakamatyi #3
Member since Jul 2009 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Hi Alex,

I mean behind the 7777 is a File Transfer Proxy, which could be easily configured to listen on SL enabled port, and it's the advantage would be over the upload/download method, that you don't have to store the file on the server itself.
If I'm correct the File Transfer Proxy is a realtime connection proxy between the 2 clients, and streams the content realtime between them, am I right?

The question is, that to implement the client side code (like is done in agsxmpp sdk) the needed funcionality is implemented already in the Matrix SDK, or not yet?
In other words do you have to touch the Matrix also ar only the Client Sample?

Thx,
kakamatyi
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4449 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by kakamatyi:
I mean behind the 7777 is a File Transfer Proxy, which could be easily configured to listen on SL enabled port, and it's the advantage would be over the upload/download method, that you don't have to store the file on the server itself.
If I'm correct the File Transfer Proxy is a realtime connection proxy between the 2 clients, and streams the content realtime between them, am I right?

thats correct

Quote by kakamatyi:
The question is, that to implement the client side code (like is done in agsxmpp sdk) the needed funcionality is implemented already in the Matrix SDK, or not yet?
In other words do you have to touch the Matrix also ar only the Client Sample?
none of this functionality is in MatriX yet. MatriX is like agsXMPP very extensible, so its also possible to add all the needed functionality in the client without any changes to MatriX.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: