Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
Bill #1
Member since Apr 2009 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: S2S communication
Hi Alex,

I'm trying to extend the agsXMPP server sample a bit and let it talk to an openfire server.
I think agsXMPP Lib does not implement S2S communication yet. So, my idea is to follow the XmppClientConnection class, I will create XmppS2SOutgoingConnection which also inherits from XmppConnection class. I found two issues here,

1.DoChangeXmppConnectionState() is an internal method of XmppClientConnection class, so I have to put my class inside the agsXMPP.dll assembly.
2.ClientSocket::InitSSL()  does not give me the chance to provide server certificate unless I modify the code , which I don't want.

My question is, is my idea a right approach to add server to server communication to the sample?

Thanks,

Bill
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello Bill,

you are right, there is no s2s support in agsXMPP. Client socket has also no support for server sockets (listen). To implement s2s you need both, client and server sockets.

It is the correct approach to derive from XmppConnection. The XmppConnection was not designed for external usage, so its possible that you don't have external access to all functions you need. Is thee a reason why you want to implement this outside of agsXMPP?

Alex
Bill #3
Member since Apr 2009 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks Alex,

I'm evaluating the agsXMPP lib for server side support. So far I have successfully added Dialback over TLS to talk with an OpenFire server.

Bill
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS