Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
elaverick #1
Member since Feb 2009 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Server Demo
Hi,
  I've been playing about with agsXMPP and I'm looking to add some functionality to the server example.  At the moment I'm just looking at the user authentication in XMPPServerConnection.cs -> ProcessIQ, the problem I'm having is that although the username is returned correctly the password is always being shown as null.  I'm using Trillian Pro as the client and it's all running on the local host.  Any suggestions?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
please post your debug xml.
elaverick #3
Error The user name and password must either both be null or both must be non-null.
DEBUG IN
===============
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" type="get" id="checkLogin"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth"><username>test</username></query></iq>
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" type="set" id="doConnect"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth"><username>test</username><digest>f367f17a6c96cb9db030665f3517f437db07914f</digest><resource>Trillian</resource></query></iq>

DEBUG OUT
===============
<stream:stream from='localhost' xmlns='jabber:client' xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' id='ebeb3fbd'>
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" id="checkLogin" type="result"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth"><username>test</username><password /><digest /></query></iq>
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" id="checkLogin" type="result"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth"><username>test</username><password /><digest /></query></iq>
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
there is no password tag because Trillian is using digest authentication.
There is only the digest hash which you have to verify.
elaverick #5
Ah that certainly explains it.  Guess I'm going to have to switch clients for testing as I'm looking at authenticating through Active Directory.

Thanks for the quick reply
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS