Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
taridzo #1
Member since Feb 2009 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: SASL EXTERNAL in agsXMPP
Is SASL EXT implemented for the agsXMPP client? If not, does anyone know when that could happen, else I'd need some pointers on using it. Thanks in advance for any help :)
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4327 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
no its not implemented. This is the first request for SASL external.
Which server do you want to use for SASL external?
I have not checked yet which of the existing servers implements SASL External for client connections.

You can find more info about SASL External here:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0178.html
taridzo #3
Thx for the reply and link! I'm developing a chat client to use primarily with Openfire and will need TLS + SASL EXT for authentication. FYI, I've also added encryption to some XMPP packets.
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4327 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
its not that complex to add SASL EXTERNAL.

• When Tls is established on the socket the client must pass the certificate. So there must be a GUI for the client to choose a certificate, or a property which stores the certificate.
  • When the server gets a certificate and supports SASL EXTERNAL it must advertise this SASL mechanism which the client must init then. But the 2nd step is pretty easy.

Alex
taridzo #5
Thx for the advice, it looks like it's going to be somewhat easy adding SASL EXTERNAL to the client, and here's hoping I wont have trouble using Mono.Security for TLS handshaking, etc.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS