Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
codi #1
Member since Dec 2008 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: is agsXMPP.protocol.iq.time.Time outdated?
Hi,

first I want to say, that I'm totally new to this hole "XMPP-thing". I'm starting a few days ago to take a look on this SDK and it looks great. So, I start to browse a little through the source and playing arround with a few own snippets. Oh, and sorry for my bad english! But back to topic:
Maybe i'm wrong but for me it seems, "agsXMPP.protocol.iq.time.Time" implements XEP-0090 (Entity Time) which is deprecated. Shouldn't a new class implement XEP-0090 for backwards compatibility and Timet implements XEP-0202 as default?

As said, I'm abolutly new to XMPP and maybe I'm wrong but it was a little confusing because XEP-0090 was not listet on http://xmpp.org/extensions/.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
current clients still use XEP-0090. So I think there should be both in agsXMPP. We can't replace 90 with 202 because its still used in lots of software.
I put it on the TODO list to add XEP-0202 as well.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS