Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
victuar #1
Member since Oct 2008 · 9 posts · Location: USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Need guide how to write XMPP web service using agsXMPP SDK 1.0?
Do you have some document describing how to write XMPP web service using your agsXMPP SDK 1.0?

Can you publish and/or refer this document?

May be other users who already did this can provide their sample code?

Could this service be hosted at IIS? Or it has to be some dedicated hosting for it?

Thanks
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4297 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
no we don't have such a guide.
Can you post more details about your webservice?
Do you want to write a web chat application (webclient) or something like a SOAP application?
For the latter you need no IIS and webservice at all. In this case the XMPP server is your application server.

Alex
victuar #3
It's more like SOAP web service. It includes chat but also it has to have RPC-like behavior. According to documentation which comes with agsXMPP SDK, RPC could be done using XEP Jabber-RPC but it looks like to do that I have to create my own XMPP server. And if it's true than where can I host this server? I did not find many hosting companies which offer XMPP hosting plans.
Alex #4
Yes RPC is included in agsXMPP, SOAP over XMPP is also possible, but XMPP is much more powerful than SOAP or RPC, so you could write your own extensions pretty easy.

There are many open source or commercial XMPP servers available. SO you could run your own XMPP server or get hosted XMPP accounts or a hosted XMPP server. http://www.jabber.org is a good start for finding a XMPP server or hoster. Based on our professional services we can also help you with that.

Regards,
Alex
victuar #5
Could you refer some big companies which are using XMPP based web services not only for chat? As I understand, GTalk and Jabber are chat-like services. Correct me if I'm not right, please.
Alex #6
Hello victuar,

many enterprise companies are using XMPP also for non IM related software. To name only some.
Apple, Nokia, Sun, HP, Avaya, Siemens, wall street banks, military, DOD, FedEx, tracm8, twitter

So of our customers are doing very interesting non IM related stuff with XMPP, but because we have NDAs I can't tell you more about this ;-)

Alex
victuar #7
Thank you, Alex. It's very ineresting to know about. One more question: in one of your answers in this thread you mentioned that your company can help with XMPP hosting. What are your prices for that? On your site http://ag-software.de/ I cant find any hosting plans.

Thanks,

Victuar
Alex #8
we offer no XMPP hosting, we can help you choosing the correct server for your project, install and administrate a xmpp server on your dedicated or inhouse linux or windows box.

Alex
victuar #9
Thanks, Alex. I'll need this later.
flosoft #10
Member since Oct 2008 · 1 post
Hi,

I noticed your thread here on the forum, and thought I would drop a small line. We offer XMPP and Jabber hosting solutions. Depending on the size of your project, this includes customization of the server, integration into existing platforms and a lot more.

Feel free to check out our website: http://www.flosoft.biz .

Greets,

Florian Jensen
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS