Forum: agsXMPP RSS
history and participant list
bmurphy #1
User title: Manager
Member since Jul 2008 · 11 posts · Location: UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: chat room requests
Hi, this is a 2 part question . . hope you can help ?

1) Is there a way to request room history after the initial room joining ?  i.e. send a specific request to which the history of the room comes in the reponse.

2) Is there a way to send a request to a chat room to get a list of room participants ? i.e. send a request to which the response is a list of the people already in the room ?

Thanks v much.

Bernie
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4307 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by bmurphy:
1) Is there a way to request room history after the initial room joining ?  i.e. send a specific request to which the history of the room comes in the reponse.

no there is not. You can request the history only when you join a room.

Quote by bmurphy:
2) Is there a way to send a request to a chat room to get a list of room participants ? i.e. send a request to which the response is a list of the people already in the room ?

yes, with disco you can discover the participants of a room. An example is included in MiniClient. Look at the GroupChat tab at the button "Find Participants".

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS