Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
jayvee #1
Member since Oct 2008 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: agsXMPP SDK in WPF?
Hi again, I was wondering is it possible to implement the agsXMPP SDK in C# WPF using the .Net Framework (Windows Presentation Foundation). I am using WPF for a better form(s) UI. However the SDK components are not visible in the WPF toolbar only in regular C# Windows Form Applications. I am not asking for the SDK to be updated so it can work with C# WPF, but would it be possible if I manually reference it?

Also, how can I compile/use the agsXMPP.ui.2008 instead of the 2005? I am currently using MSV 2008. I also tried manually adding them to the list. Thanks~
This post was edited on 2008-10-06, 06:28 by jayvee.
Jabberer #2
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
of course you can use agsXMPP with WPF. The agsXMPP.ui controls are based on SWF (System.Windows.Forms). You can embed SWF controls with WPF, but IMHO this makes no sense, because you can create similar controls with less and better code in WPF.
So I suggest to study the code of agsXMPP.ui and port it to WPF. The WPF treeview has some great features which makes it very easy to write a nice roster control.
Software Developer
AG-Software
jayvee #3
Member since Oct 2008 · 4 posts
Thanks for your response. I will try my best to implement the two together.
pisey #4
Member since Sep 2012 · 13 posts
In reply to post #2
i want to use xdatacontrol in agsxmpp.ui use with WPF. I don't know to implement.how can I?
Alex #5
Member since Feb 2003 · 4311 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
study the source codes and port over the logic to WPF, this should not be that complicated.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS