Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
owen #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 21 posts · Location: UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: See who's logged in and who isn't?
Hi.

Is it possible to use agsXMPP to see who's currently logged in (connected) and who isn't?  Or more generally to see all the users and their current connection status?  (Don't know if this matters but my XMPP server is Openfire and I'm using VB.NET as my programming language).

Would really appreciate a bit of example code in VB.NET, if possible... thanks !
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hi owen,

to see who's logged in not is what we call presence in XMPP. If a person is on your roster you get the presence and know if she's online or offline.
Some servers implement special administration xmpp extensions. Over this extensions you can get a list of logged users from your server. This protocols differ from the server vendors. Some use the old admin extensions from jabberd 1.x, others use disco or own custom extensions.
Sorry, but I don't know if there is such an extension in Openfire.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
owen #3
Member since Nov 2006 · 21 posts · Location: UK
Group memberships: Members
Thanks Alex, I'm aware its called presence, but what I need is some example source code for grabbing presence info using the agsXMPP dll.

Are you saying this ability isn't included in agsXMPP and it would have to come from a server based admin extension nstead?

I would have thought it was a pretty simple thing to retrieve a list of users and their connection status using agsXMPP?  I just dont know the syntax for doing it.
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hi owen,

in the MiniClient is all you need.
For security reasons you get in XMPP you get the presence only from contacts you are subscribed to. If you the contacts you need the presence from are on your roster then all you have to do is login and send your presence to the server. You get all the presences in the OnPresence event.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS