Forum: agsXMPP RSS
rahman #1
User title: RaHmAn
Member since Jun 2008 · 4 posts · Location: Malaysia
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Group Chat does not work
Hi

I am working in group chat and having problem to get response from Jabber server. The presence message I sent to jabber server as below:

<presence from='rahman@svr.gambergate.net/Home' to='FPDA@svr.gambergate.net/Kap Rahman'><x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc'></x></presence>

After that, I have to wait for a while and lastly no response.

Please advice me on this. If you have proper way to have group chat work!!! please assist me too. I have been working this problem more than 3 weeks......
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4449 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello rahman,

please study the MiniClient example which implements groupchat.
All you need should be in this example.

Thanks,
Alex
rahman #3
Hi Alex

I have studied the code in detailed and I followed the comment made by other person in this forum using MUC. I am wondering that the server does not response any code when I tried to send presense message to the XMPP server. For your information, the XMPP server is jabberd14 and running on FreeBSD 7 os.

One of the comment made was to write the chat room name in the xml file by sameh_zaky on 11/5/2008. I did the same as what he said, but the result was terrible.

I believe your code is correct, but not the server jabberd14. I am really need your comment and assistance on this matter from you asap.

rahman
Alex #4
jabberd does not ship with a MUC component. You have to install a separate MUC component to get groupchat working on your server.
Alex #5
Your server should at least answer with an error when the packet cannot be delivered.
rahman #6
Hi Alex

Can u tell me how to install MUC component in jabberd server?. I am new to this kind of system.

Your assitance is appreciated..... please

rahman
Alex #7
rahman,

this is normally documented in the manual of the MUC component.
I did not use jabberd for a while, so I can't help you  lot with this server. But you can find help on the jabberd mailing lists.

Regards,
Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS