Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
beekay #1
Member since Sep 2008 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Load balancing XMPP servers
As part of my project I'm trying to load balance my XMPP servers. Its been proposed that we'll have clones of each of the servers. The problem that we are running into is that a user logged into one server will not be able to see or converse with a user logged into another server.

One solution that we thought about was open a socket from server A when it is started to Server B as a client using the XMPPClientConnection. But that doesnt seem to be working. I know from other threads that there is a possibility to open communications across the servers but no where until now I've come across a thread detailing how to establish a communication.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4246 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by beekay:
One solution that we thought about was open a socket from server A when it is started to Server B as a client using the XMPPClientConnection. But that doesnt seem to be working. I know from other threads that there is a possibility to open communications across the servers but no where until now I've come across a thread detailing how to establish a communication.

No, this will not work.

Load balancing or clustering XMPP servers is a very complex task because you have to share all user sessions over all server instances. There are many different technologies how to achieve this.

If you don't use one of the existing XMPP servers which supports clustering, but want to write your own XMPP in .NET I don't have a solution for this on my shelves. And I can't give you a tutorial here in the forums. This is something which we can discuss and solve based on our professional services.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS