Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
moshaheen #1
Member since Jul 2008 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Didn't close connection
I was playing with the SDK to connect to gtalk to test how can I update my status over there from ASP.net application
I was able to connect, however I forgot to put the xmpp.Close();
And right now my user name appears online all the time, I'm not sure how the XMPP protocol works but seems that once u open a connection, it reports you as logged in and it won't log you off unless you close the connection. and you can have multiple opened connection
and because I've been trying to do this test several time, I assume that now I've multiple opened connections

Am I right in this ?

If so how can I close all these connections ?
javanesevn #2
Member since Apr 2008 · 74 posts · Location: Japan
I think server will set timeout to disconnect your idle connection.
Alex #3
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
  • You can have a unlimited number of connections to a xmpp server with the same user id, only the resource must be different and unique for each connection.
  • if not using xmpp over http-binding or http-polling the xmpp session is one persistent tcp/ip connection (from open to close). When you disconnect you should close the connection properly.
  • When the connection breaks from some reason (eg. network problems), the server should recognize this with socket errors and terminate your connection.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
moshaheen #4
Member since Jul 2008 · 2 posts
Subject: solved
thanks for everyone. exactly the connection was closed after automatically after I closed my VS 2005
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS