Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
Necromantici #1
Member since Apr 2008 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: GTalk via ISA Server
Hi again!

I run into another issue. Im using talk.google.com as XMPP server but in the office of my main sponsor they have an ISA Server. They want to use the application internally so I need to be able to connect to GTalk via ISA.

Is there something Im missing? Is there a workaround that can be develop? any samples?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

The default port for xmpp is 5222. If you set the host manual and Don't use AutoResolveConnectServer its always talk.google.com.

If agsXMPP resolves the host for you from the srv records then the hosts can be different. Here is the result from a SRV lookup for gmail.com:

_xmpp-client._tcp.gmail.com. 40557   IN      SRV     20 0 5222 talk1.l.google.com.
_xmpp-client._tcp.gmail.com. 40557   IN      SRV     20 0 5222 talk2.l.google.com.
_xmpp-client._tcp.gmail.com. 40557   IN      SRV     20 0 5222 talk3.l.google.com.
_xmpp-client._tcp.gmail.com. 40557   IN      SRV     20 0 5222 talk4.l.google.com.
_xmpp-client._tcp.gmail.com. 40557   IN      SRV     5 0 5222 talk.l.google.com.

I don't know all the internals of the ISA server. But if you allow connections to the specified host on port 5222 you should be fine.

Alex
Necromantici #3
Member since Apr 2008 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks again Alex...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS