Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
tjabber #1
Member since Feb 2008 · 42 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Client Not Reacting to Subscription Request
An odd thing is happening (OpenFire server, Spark client) in that the client is not responding to my subscription request, which looks like:
:<presence xmlns="jabber:client" type="subscribe" to="test2@XX" />

If I log test2 out and log it in again the Spark client does pop up the subscription request form, but I have to relogin.

Now when I do the same thing with a spark client instead of my code the other spark client pops up the subscription request immediately.

The packets Spark sends out looks like:
<presence id="eYwjl-29" to="test2@XX" type="subscribe"></presence>

When I try a message of the same format it doesn't work either.

Any ideas on what is happening? This seems really strange to me.

Thanks
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
no, I have no idea. This looks very strange to me too.
Can you look in the Spark debug console if your subscription request gets delivered from the server to the Spark client?

Can you try other clients than Spark?

Alex
tjabber #3
Member since Feb 2008 · 42 posts
Group memberships: Members
I used Psi and it seems to work. Very odd.

And I see why you don't use threads in your miniclient to map back to chat forms. They are pretty much ignored. Which means you can only have one conversation with a person at a time, unless they are in a chat room.

thanks
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by tjabber:
And I see why you don't use threads in your miniclient to map back to chat forms. They are pretty much ignored. Which means you can only have one conversation with a person at a time, unless they are in a chat room
the MiniClient is only a very basic example. So its not feature complete. Threads are a good thing, but I think its not trivial to implement them in a client, because I don't think software can handle them automatically in the background.

• Some clients create automatically a new thread for each new chat window. IMHO you can have multiple threads within the same chat window (conversation).
  • Other clients allow you to have multiple chat windows with different threads for the same person

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS