Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
Maui #1
Member since Sep 2007 · 9 posts · Location: Aachen
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Can I use agsXMPP
Hello there,

apart from my Open Source Jabber Client for Windows Mobile, I'm currently drafting a mobile service which might include a Jabber/XMPP based chat functionality, however the source for these clients will be closed. The Service and use of the Client is free to end-users but may be supported via ads in the future. Can I use agsXMPP (unmodified) with GPL for my project or should I consider your commercial license?

Thanks in advance,

Maui
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by Maui:
apart from my Open Source Jabber Client for Windows Mobile, I'm currently drafting a mobile service which might include a Jabber/XMPP based chat functionality, however the source for these clients will be closed.
If you use agsXMPP under the GPL then your client must be licensed also under the GPL or a GPL compatible license. Which means you have to provide also the source code.

Quote by Maui:
The Service and use of the Client is free to end-users but may be supported via ads in the future. Can I use agsXMPP (unmodified) with GPL for my project or should I consider your commercial license?
For the GPL it does not matter whether your client is free of charge or not.
Let me know if know if you have more questions about the GPL/license.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS