Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
draekz #1
Member since Nov 2007 · 17 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: GoogleTalk, The requested feature is not implemented
So the main agsxmpp site gives instructions to connect to googletalk. However, they do not work for me. Here is what i do in my code:

_connection = new XmppClientConnection();
_connection.OnReadXml += new XmlHandler (XmlRead);
_connection.OnWriteXml += new XmlHandler (XmlWrite);

_connection.Server = "gmail.com";
_connection.ConnectServer = "talk.google.com";
_connection.Username = Account.UniqueIdentifier;
_connection.Password = Account.Password;

_connection.Open();

Here is what I get:

OUTGOING: <stream:stream to='gmail.com' xmlns='jabber:client' xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' version='1.0' xml:lang='en'>

INCOMING: <stream:stream xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams" from="gmail.com" id="1B1AC680967911C7" version="1.0" >

INCOMING: <stream:features xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"><starttls xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls"><required /></starttls><mechanisms xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl"><mechanism>X-GOOGLE-TOKEN</mechanism></mechanisms></stream:features>

OUTGOING: <starttls xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls" />

INCOMING: <proceed xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls" />

Then to finish things up, i get this:

ConnectionError event is called with exception message: The requested feature is not implemented.

Is there something I am missing? I'm using the latest source from SVN too... I'm just not sure what to do from here. Can anyone give me pointers?

Draek
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
  • which .NET version are you using?
  • on which platform are you?

To me it looks like you are using a wrong assembly on a platform where SslStream in no implemented.

Alex
draekz #3
Hmm, I am using Mono (1.2.4), in Linux.
Alex #4
use the compiler condition MONOSSL and Mono.Security.dll or a newer Mono version which has the .NET 2.0 SslStream support.

Alex
draekz #5
Yeah Mono 1.2.5.1 is not available to my target audience (not without extra non-user friendly work)

So you say add compiler condition "MONOSSL" and add Mono.Security to that project. I tried this and didn't get any different results... I'm not sure if I'm adding MONOSSL condition properly though...
draekz #6
I understand what you mean now, compile agsXMPP with the MONOSSL, not my own project.

Ok, so I did that, and it works! Thanks for your help.
Alex #7
yes,
the 1.1 binary which ships with the release should also work with your Mono version.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS