Forum: agsXMPP RSS
superic #1
User title: Code Visionary
Member since Aug 2007 · 5 posts · Location: Rochester, NY
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Change presence on multiple logins
Hi,

I'm trying to change the presence of one account who is logged in multiple times to GTalk. For instance, I'm logged in through GTalk, possibly GMail and then the client I'm messing around with. I want to change the presence/status of my client and have that change be reflected in the other logged in users.

If I change my presence/status in GTalk and then alt-tab to GMail, it's changed immediately there (and vice versa).

In my client (using agsXMPP), I can change the status if I'm only logged in once. I can also change the status when I'm logged in multiple times but no one sees it (it doesn't crash/error though).

I'm just setting the client.Status string and then calling the client.SendMyPresence() method. I've tried this about 100 different ways, setting different properties, doing it in different orders, without any luck.

I must be missing something very simple here!

Thanks,

Eric :)
Jabberer #2
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
Not sure if i understood you question correct.

The Status is only an additional text to the presence. The precence itself (online, away, dnd etc...) is what we call showtype in XMPP. So try to change the Show property.
Software Developer
AG-Software
superic #3
It's the additional text that I'm trying to set. I'm leaving the showtype set to online.
superic #4
My ultimate goal is to update my GTalk status text with something automated. For instance, every 1 minute update my GTalk status text with average processor usage (or something like that). I thought I could sign on with my account a second time, set the status, sign off and it would update. It kind of does that but no one can see it except for me, in my own chat window with myself.
Alex #5
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
no you can't. Each count which is logged in has another resource and therefore its own presence. This precences are not connected to each other.

Alex
superic #6
Is it something custom that Google is doing then when they're able to sync status text between GTalk and GMail-talk?

That conclusion is the one I was slowly coming to as nothing worked :)
Alex #7
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
yes this must be a custom xmpp extension from google. I never recognized this, so I have no idea how they do it.
You can start the client in debug and look at the xml logs.

Alex
superic #8
Thanks for your help, Alex!

I'll look in to this :)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS