Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
Koterpillar #1
Member since May 2007 · 32 posts · Location: Russia
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How to tell a MUC in roster?
In my roster, there are normal contacts as well as multi-user chats, and I want my program to behave differently when opening a chat session with them (it does support both chatting and MUCs). So:
  • How do I tell a MUC at a glance? I don't want to send any request any time the user opens a chat session, because IM is much more common - that would only create a lot of traffic.
  • Is it right to store them in roster at all, or do I need something like XEP-0048?
nebohodimo IM developer
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by Koterpillar:
  • Is it right to store them in roster at all, or do I need something like XEP-0048?

it's wrong to store them in the roster. Of course you can show them in your roster like many clients do, but you should use a extension like XEP-0048 or XEP-0049 to store them. WHile XEP-0048 is the most common for MUC rooms which we call bookmarks.
It's like the favorites/bookmarks in your web browser.

Alex
Koterpillar #3
Member since May 2007 · 32 posts · Location: Russia
Group memberships: Members
Thanks! Does agsXMPP have any support for that then?
nebohodimo IM developer
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
yes, take a look at the agsXMPP.protocol.iq.private namespace.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS