Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
hexin #1
User title: to search knowledge
Member since Mar 2007 · 34 posts · Location: China
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: two problem about offline message
I have the following two problems:
1. Sometimes, I send message to the user who is offline. If he has not logined in since openfire started. he can receive the offline messages. But once he has logined in, and exits or login out.He can never receive offline message again when he is online. But he can always receive ofline broadcast message.I look over the openfire database, and find the offline message doesn't been stored in the table 'jiveOffline', so he can't receive the message,why this happens?

2.I have set up persistent chat room. When we discuss problems in the room, if there is some who is offline, I think the message is stored in the table 'mucConversationLog' of openfire database. But i look over it,and there is no record in this table. The offline member can receive the chat message once he is online. But if he logins in after the openfire is restarted, he can never receive the room chat message. why? where is the message stored when chatting in the room with some room member offline?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

1)
i don't understand your 1st question. But a offline message is delivered only once. If the sender gets no error message after sending a message then the server normally received it. If you are not online then the server puts the message in the offline storage. If Openfire drops messages then you should check your configuration or talk directly to the jive developers.

2)
What you mean is the message history. The most servers drop it on a server restart. So does openfire. Normally the owner of a room can configure how many mesages are stored in this GC history. But its not the idea of this history that you can receive hundreds of messages when you join the room. The idea is to get the last messages to get a idea what the current topic in this room is. If you want all messages you have to modify or extend a groupchat service.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
hexin #3
I'm sorry for my poor english.
For the first question,I mean: After openfire started. User A logined in, and sent chat messages to user B who was offline. when user B is online, he can receive the message User B sent. Then User B logined out. since then, User B can't receive any offline messge again util openfire restart.But User B can receive all offline broadcast message and chatroom message.

the sending message stanza is as follow:
the chat message
  1. <message xmlns="jabber:client" type="chat" to="Amanda@xmpp.kochi.globees/agsXMPP">
  2.    <body>send{Times New Roman|9|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|255|0|0|0}</body>
  3. </message>"
  6. broadcast message
  7. <message xmlns="jabber:client" type="chat" to="Amanda@xmpp.kochi.globees">
  8.  <body>
  9.      2007-7-24 9:03:33 tomorrow, we will have a meeting{Times New Roman|9|0|0|0|0|0|0|255|0|0|0|1}
  10.  </body>
  11. </message>
  15. <message id="agsXMPPhxzsz_19" type="groupchat" to="Amanda_2@conference.xmpp.kochi.globees">
  16. <body>hello, every body{Times New Roman|18|0|0|0|0|0|128|0|255}</body>
  17. <x xmlns="jabber:x:event">
  18. <offline />
  19. <delivered />
  20. <displayed />
  21. <composing />
  22. </x>
  23. </message>

For the second question, I mean:After openfire restart,  all the conference chat messages that were sent before restart  are lost.I don't know the reason.Perhaps, the problem consists in the  server.
This post was edited on 2013-10-10, 10:09 by Alex.
Jabberer #4
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
Quote by hexin:
I'm sorry for my poor english.
For the first question,I mean: After openfire started. User A logined in, and sent chat messages to user B who was offline. when user B is online, he can receive the message User B sent. Then User B logined out. since then, User B can't receive any offline messge again util openfire restart.But User B can receive all offline broadcast message and chatroom message.

This is a bug in the Openfire server then. Please try you code with other servers like Tigase, Soapbox, eJabberd or jabberd

Quote by hexin:
  1. <message xmlns="jabber:client" type="chat" to="Amanda@xmpp.kochi.globees/agsXMPP">
  2.    <body>send{Times New Roman|9|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|255|0|0|0}</body>
  3. </message>"
  6. broadcast message
  7. <message xmlns="jabber:client" type="chat" to="Amanda@xmpp.kochi.globees">
  8.  <body>
  9.      2007-7-24 9:03:33 tomorrow, we will have a meeting{Times New Roman|9|0|0|0|0|0|0|255|0|0|0|1}
  10.  </body>
  11. </message>

your XML looks like you want to send formatted messages ({Times New Roman|9|0|0|0|0|0|0|255|0|0|0|1})
If this is true then take a look at XHTML-IM XEP-0071

Quote by hexin:
For the second question, I mean:After openfire restart,  all the conference chat messages that were sent before restart  are lost.I don't know the reason.Perhaps, the problem consists in the  server.

This is also a Openfire or configuration problem. Openfire holds this messages in the RAM which means they are lost after a server restart. You have to send a feature request to the Openfire developers or add this feature yourself.
Software Developer
AG-Software
This post was edited on 2013-10-10, 10:09 by Alex.
hexin #5
thanks for your help!
I  try with Openfire 3.3.0, The offline message can be stored. Openfire 3.3.1 and Openfire 3.3.2 can't store offline chat message.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS