Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
pletrox #1
Member since Feb 2007 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Geolocation
In my application each user is having a GPS module.
If their positions change I want them to distribute their latitude en longtitude to their contacts just by sending 1 message to the server (and the server distributes the rest)

At the moment I'm doing this with a Presence and I parse the lat en longitude out of it. But I can make it work with de XEP implementation? I can't find many examples...

Thanks in advance
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

the XEP you are looking for is XEP-0080 Geographical Location (GeoLoc).
Its implemented in agsXMPP in the agsxmpp.protocol.extensions.geoloc namespace.

Alex
pletrox #3
Member since Feb 2007 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
idd but the problem is, i want to distribute my location to all other users with 1 message. I think this is possible with the Publish-Subscribe XEP implementation. But i'm not succesfull in using it... Is there a little example?

Thx!
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
OKunderstand now,
yes Publish Subscribe (Pubsub) or the Personal Eventing Protocol (PEP) is what you should use then. There are many examples for both in the XEPs. PEP should be very interesting for your use case. Its not implemented yet in most servers. There is a patch available for ejabberd and currently a student is working on Pep for Google Summer of Code. No idea if its available in Openfire.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS