Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
jshamid #1
Member since Feb 2007 · 30 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Status and ShowType Problems
Greetings !

hi, currently we are using wildfire 3.1.1 server for the messenger. After changing to this server, we are not able to get some status like [busy], [idle], etc which we added as custom show type. But in the previous version of wildfire server we got these status.

for example, i am pasting some debug xml stanzas.

user1@xmpp1.kochi.globees.com send its presence

SEND: <presence xmlns="jabber:client"><show>busy</show><status /><priority>10</priority></presence>

other other end [ receiver side] they get like

RECV: <presence xmlns="jabber:client" from="user1@xmpp1.kochi.globees.com /GIM" to="user2@xmpp1.kochi.globees.com "><status /><priority>10</priority></presence>

can u please help me.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

the XML which you are sending violates against the XMPP code specs. busy is not an allowed show type.
If you want to extend the presence then you have to do this in another way.

eg:
  2. <presence>
  3.    <show>dnd</show>
  4.    <status>im coding</status>
  5.    <x xmlns="http://ag-software.de/extension">
  6.       <showx>busy</showx>
  7.    </x>
  8. </presence>

in this example i have chosen showx instead of show because there maybe existing software which is not namespace correct and could have problems with 2 show tags in one packet (even if they are in different namespaces).

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
ngboonseong #3
Member since Jan 2010 · 19 posts
Group memberships: Members
Hi Alex,

For extending the presence, will the same extended data being broadcasted to the users who log in at later time ?
I have tried out and it seems like that the extended data only being broadcasted once and not subsequently.

Thanks.

Regards,
Boon Seong
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by ngboonseong:
For extending the presence, will the same extended data being broadcasted to the users who log in at later time ?

this depends on the server implementation. IMHO a server should broadcast the complete information you have in your presence. But it is possible that some servers only store show type and status

Quote by ngboonseong:
I have tried out and it seems like that the extended data only being broadcasted once and not subsequently.

do you include the extended info witch all your presence changes?

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS