Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
hexin #1
User title: to search knowledge
Member since Mar 2007 · 34 posts · Location: China
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: how to setup persistent  muc rooms?
I want to setup some  persistent  muc rooms, and add some users to the room in which  i will often disscuss problems with these person, i now know how to invite person to participate the conference, but this room is temporary
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4246 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

You have to join and configure the room. Normally in the configuration form there is an option for making the room persistant. If you do a search in this forums you can find source code for this scenario.
Depending on the server software you are using you can also create persistent rooms in the server administartion tools.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
hexin #3
User title: to search knowledge
Member since Mar 2007 · 34 posts · Location: China
Group memberships: Members
thanks for your help,alex!
now,i can setup persistent muc room,that's to say, the room information is saved in the database, but i have no idea about how to add a group of contacts into the persistent muc room i have created, and if the room already contain some members,how can i get the member list of the room?
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4246 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

you can't add contacts to the room. All you can do is to send an invitation to your contacts and the can accept your invite and join the room. But a contact has always to join the room itself.

You can get the list of participants with service discovery or if you join the room. You will find examples of both ways in the MiniClient code.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS