Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
jcmag #1
Member since Jan 2007 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: SocketMessageProcessor.cs: SocketException
Sometimes I see this SocketException in my log files:

[MyThreadRobotHandler] System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host   at XihSolutions.DotMSN.Core.SocketMessageProcessor.SendSocketData(Socket socket, Byte[] data) in C:\MyProjects\dotmsn\source\DotMSN\SocketMessageProcessor.cs:line 200   at XihSolutions.DotMSN.Core.SocketMessageProcessor.SendSocketData(Byte[] data) in C:\MyProjects\dotmsn\source\DotMSN\SocketMessageProcessor.cs:line 182   at XihSolutions.DotMSN.SBMessageProcessor.SendMessage(NetworkMessage message) in C:\MyProjects\dotmsn\source\DotMSN\SBMessageProcessor.cs:line 158   at XihSolutions.DotMSN.SBMessageHandler.SendTextMessage(TextMessage message) in C:\MyProjects\dotmsn\source\DotMSN\SB9MessageHandler.cs:line 603   at Engine.DotMsnEngineImpl.SendMessage(Color color, String text) in C:\MyProjects\trunk\Engine\Engine\DotMsnEngineImpl.cs:line 77   at Engine.MyThreadRobotHandler.sendMessage(String msg, MessageType type) in C:\MyProjects\trunk\Engine\Engine\MyThreadRobotHandler.Utils.cs:line 1072

What does that mean? That the user closed his messenger client and that the message my bot wanted to send could not reach it?
Is it critical or not?

Thanks in advance
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

SocketMessageProcessor.cs is not from our source.
But to me it looks like the socket was closed by the server or the operating system for some reason.

Alex
jcmag #3
Member since Jan 2007 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
SocketMessageProcessor.cs is not from our source.

Oups, sorry  ;-)
(I have two bots, one using your sdk and another one using dotMSN)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS