Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
breakpoint #1
Member since Apr 2007 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: About TLS
I am new with XMPP and likewise with TLS. I have read TLS from this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer

TLS involves three basic phases:

1. Peer negotiation for algorithm support
   2. Public key encryption -based key exchange and certificate-based authentication
   3. Symmetric cipher -based traffic encryption

During the first phase, the client and server negotiation uses cryptographic algorithms. Current implementations support the following choices:

* for public-key cryptography: RSA, Diffie-Hellman, DSA ;
    * for symmetric ciphers: RC2, RC4, IDEA, DES, Triple DES, AES or Camellia;
    * for one-way hash functions: MD2, MD4, MD5 or SHA.

In the symmetric ciphers, what is being used? Can I changed the symmetric cipher to be used? How can I enforce the client to use use TLS and at drop/ignore the connection from the server when TLS is not used?

Thanks.
Jabberer #2
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
agsXMPP is using the .NET SSLStream. Properties like CipherAlgorithm and HashAlgorithm are read only. So i don't think there is a way to set these Algorithmns. Normally the supported ciphers on both sides get exchanged. Then the server and the client agree on one. But this happens inside the SslStream.
Closing the connection if the server supports no TLS is no problem.
Software Developer
AG-Software
breakpoint #3
Member since Apr 2007 · 5 posts
Thank you very much.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS