Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
hexin #1
User title: to search knowledge
Member since Mar 2007 · 34 posts · Location: China
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: file transfer problem
Is it possible to realize offline file transfer? so others can see the message and download the file when they sign In
Jabberer #2
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
yes this would be possible. You could do that w.g. with HTTP or WebDav.

User 1 can upload the file to a webserver and send a message with the file info to User 2. The message will be stored offline and delivered once the User 2 is back online. User 2 can extract the file info and download the file.
Software Developer
AG-Software
hexin #3
User title: to search knowledge
Member since Mar 2007 · 34 posts · Location: China
thanks,your answer helps me a lot.
my company is developing the IM platform.It will be used in the enterprise for exchanging message.Now we are developing client software based on agsXmpp. The server software that we use is Wildfire. how can i realize offline file transfer in this environment? Do we have to modify the server software or we also can use the technique you mentioned?And one more question,is Wildfire stable enough for supporting  thousands of people exchanging message at the same time?
Jabberer #4
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
Quote by hexin:
my company is developing the IM platform.It will be used in the enterprise for exchanging message.Now we are developing client software based on agsXmpp. The server software that we use is Wildfire. how can i realize offline file transfer in this environment?
Wildfire has a build in SOCKS5 proxy. So this is helpful for transferring files when both parties are firewalled or behind NAT where you can't setup a P2P socket without technologies like STUN or ICE.

Quote by hexin:
Do we have to modify the server software or we also can use the technique you mentioned?
If you use the technologies i mentioned you don't have to modify the XMPP server. You only need a HTTP or Webdav server.

Quote by hexin:
And one more question,is Wildfire stable enough for supporting  thousands of people exchanging message at the same time?
We don't comment on 3rd party software here in this forum. You should contact Alex directly, he's also a server pro and has very deep knowledge with the most available XMPP servers.
Software Developer
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS