Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
mayprog #1
Member since Mar 2006 · 61 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Cannot logout from Wildfire 3.2.0
Dear Sirs,
recently we installed wildfire version 3.2.0 and from that time i cannot logout from the server.
I send the stream end tag by calling Close on XmppConnection but nothing happens, wildfire won't close the connection!
The same thing is happening with mini client too!
Can you help me on that?
I suppose i could set a time out in order for the connection to be closed after some time but is this the default behavior for wildfire from now on?

Thanks in advance!
Mayprog.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello mayprog,

The wildfire server doesn't close the stream which is required. So agsXMPP is waiting forever here.
Can you post a bug report in the Wildfire forum?
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
mayprog #3
Subject: Yes, thats the problem ...
Well Alex,
you are right, that is the problem, the connection is not closed.
I will post a comment in the Wilfire forum.
On the other hand i saw that Spark and PSI logs out successfully, and I tried to find out how do they accomplish that.
I found out that they send a presence unavailable message and they close themselves the connection.
They don't wait for the server to close the connection and they don't sent a stream end tag.
I decided to use the same way from now on.

Thank you very much!
Mayprog
This post was edited on 2007-02-08, 12:06 by mayprog.
Jabberer #4
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
yes some software is doing it that way.

But the whole XMPP session are 2 XML documents
  • 1 XML doc from client => server
  • 1 XML doc from server => client

and both sides have to close the stream, otherwise it's not a complete valid XML document.
And the StreamParser from Alex only works if both sides follow the specs. If the XML stream gets closed before it is complete the StreamParser throws a XML exception. This is part of the software design in the SDK.

We have seen many clients which close the socket without waiting for the end of the stream. This is not XMPP compliant IMHO.

You can add a timer and wait for the end of stream. If the timer elapses without getting the end of stream you can shutdown the socket.
Software Developer
AG-Software
mayprog #5
Yap, this could be the best solution!
But even if i close the socket by hand after a long time with a check timer, what will be the problems in the sdk?

Thanks for the quick reply!
Jabberer #6
I don't think there will be a problem. You will get an error because of invalid XML which you have to ignore.
I would make the timer interval very small (5-10 seconds) unless you are on very slow networks.

But this is a hack, if you don't need the new features in Wildfire 3.20 go with 3.11 until they fixed this bug.
Software Developer
AG-Software
mayprog #7
Subject: Thanks...
Well,
I had this problem even before wildfire got to v3.2.0!
There where times that because of the unstable adsl lines we have here (Greece ....) the connection was very bad and after I sent the stream end tag it won't get closed!

So, the timer issue is a must.

Thank you very much.
Jabberer #8
if you have to fight with unstable modem or broadband connections the standard tcp/ip xmpp transport layer not the best solution for you.
You should take a look at HTTP-Polling and HTTP-Binding then.
Software Developer
AG-Software
Alex #9
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
according to the bugtracker on jivesoftware.org and our test server machine this bug is fixed with wildfire 3.21 now.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS