Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
sofakng #1
Member since Jan 2007 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How can I send a message to a conference?
I've successfully joined a conference and can read messages from the conference room, but I can't seem to send any messages to the conference room.

Here's how I'm joining the room:   (and this works)
  muc.JoinRoom(new Jid("groupchat@test.hcvlb21"), "TheyCallHimJimbo");

...but when I try to send a message like this it doesn't work:
  xmpp.Send(new agsXMPP.protocol.client.Message("groupchat@test.hcvlb21l", "Hello!"));

Also, when I join the conference room (eg. muc.JoinRoom), the server sends me about 50 lines of chat log regardless of their date.  Since I'm creating a bot that will respond to certain commands, this chat log is causing me problems.

How can I detect this initial chat log being sent as opposed to "new" messages being sent?

Thanks for your help!
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

you send groupchat messages like normal or chant messages. You send them to the Jid of the conference room. The message type must be groupchat.

1. agsXMPP.protocol.client.Message msg = new agsXMPP.protocol.client.Message("groupchat@test.hcvlb21l", "Hello!");
  2. msg.Type = MessageType.groupchat;
  3. xmpp.Send(msg);

The messages you get after you joined the room is the room history. Administrators of a room can configure this setting. You can also disable this history when joining a room, or only request a maximum of history items. Of course the server must support this feature.
See http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#enter-manageh…

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
sofakng #3
Thanks for the reply!

How would I setup agsXMPP to request that no history lines are sent upon joining?

Thanks!
Alex #4
You have to join the room with XML like this:

1. <presence from='hag66@shakespeare.lit/pda' to='darkcave@macbeth.shakespeare.lit/thirdwitch'>
  2.  <x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc'>
  3.     <history maxchars='0'/>
  4.  </x>
  5. </presence>

the MUC Manager doesn't support this currently. So you have to build this packet in your code or extend the MucManager.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
sofakng #5
I'm sorry, but I'm still not sure how I would do this...

Would I just need to do this: (?)

xmpp.Send("<presence from='hag66@shakespeare.lit/pda' to='darkcave@macbeth.shakespeare.lit/thirdwitch'><x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc'><history maxchars='0'/></x></presence> ");

...and that is all?   ...or do I need to do something else?

Thanks again for your help!

- John
Alex #6
you could do that (at least if you replace the from and to jids), but this is no good idea.

You should take a look at the JoinRoom function in the source code. This shows you how you can create and send such packets.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS