Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
m.bandu #1
Member since Oct 2006 · 8 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: multiple user sign in using single XMPP connection
Hi,

is that possible that multiple user signed in using single XMPP connection?
The purpose is to be able to host agsXMPP on the webserver as webserver limit socket connection.

Regards,

Bandu
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

for each XMPP Session you need a new XmppClientConnection instance. Normally in XMPP you have one persistant socket connection per session.
But there are also other transports layers for XMPP which don't require a persistant socket connection.

HTTP Polling is supported by agsXMPP and many existing servers.

How many concurrent session do you want to host on your server? Whats your socket limit?

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
m.bandu #3
Hi Alex,

Thank for your reply.
I'm trying to achieve at least 1000 client connection. And my hosting company said they don't have hard limits.

Is that possible to talk to IM like google talk or yahoo messenger using HTTP-polling?
Do you have any sample or direction? That would be great.

Thank you very much Alex...
Alex #4
Hello,

as long as we don't know what you are exactly trying to do it's hard to give you a direction.
Google and others are running "standard" XMPP servers with normal persitant client to server connections on port 5222.
If you have a dedicated server machine 1000 connections is no problem.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
m.bandu #5
Hi Alex,

I'm trying to write a webservice that can allows client apps to connect to 3rd party IM via that webservice (like for the ppl from firewalled places). If I can made a single socket connection for multiple login of user to a single IM server, I think that would be a lot saving my server resources.

And is that you mean Google and yahoo IM servers are not supporting HTTP-polling? So, that option is out then.

Is there a sample app that show how to do HTTP-polling? or Is that possible to modified XMPP connection class to do HTTP-polling? just for trying out.

thank you very much, Alex. I enjoy using agsXMPP class.

Regards,
Alex #6
Google runs a XMPP server. But the Yahoo network is proprietary. Of course you can access the Yahoo network over XMPP with gateways. But thats another topic and a hack.

Google has no HTTP Polling enabled. You should check out the ejabberd server and install it on a test machine. It has build in support for HTTP Polling. In agsXMPP look at the SocketConnectionType property. There you can  enable HTTP Polling for this connection.
Do you want to run your own server, or only connect to other servers like GTalk?

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
m.bandu #7
currently i only want to connect to like GTalk.
thank you very much Alex.

If i chnage socketconnectiontype to http polling, i think i still need to rewrite or tweak XMPPClientConnection class, am I right? or Can I just use a single instance of XMPPClientConnection class for all multiple client log in?

Regards,
Alex #8
Hello,

you can't connect to the GTalk server over HTTP Polling.
You also can't use a single XmppClientConnection for multiple client logins, doesnt matter if you have a polling or normal socket.

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
m.bandu #9
thanks again Alex.

Regards...
Alex #10
There is a silimar discussion on the jdev list currently. Perhaps it helps you
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jdev/2006-October/024450.…

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS