Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
Stephane Lallemagne #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 2 posts · Location: france
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How to connect to GroupChats with passwords ?
Hi everyone

I need to connect to a private Jabber server groupchat that is password protected (wildfire based)

I've just downloaded agsXmpp library and samples.
First problem : the sample project does not compile under VS 2005 (2 errors in miniclient and 1 in component)

I've fixed them (i guess) but I can't manage it to work correctly on chatgroups (even those without passwords)

1) How can I get a working chatgroup sample ? (even a simple one)

2) Is agsXmpp can connect to password-protected chatgroups ?
Could you give me some clues or tell me how ?

thanx for any help
BR
Stephane Lallemagne #2
Member since Jul 2006 · 2 posts · Location: france
Group memberships: Members
Additional information : the samples does not work, even with public groupchats
(for example: myroom@conference.jabber.com)
Alex #3
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello Stephane,

first let me say that all teh samples compile well. We don't update the samples with each new release. So you must compile them against the asgXMPP.dll with ships with the samples. Its possible that you have to make some minor changes if you want to compile them with the latest SDK from the Webpage or SVN.

Groupchat should also work in the MiniClient sample. It stores the server names in a xml file. You can browse this servers with the toolbar buttons for rooms and users, and join a room over the context menu.

For connecting to password protected rooms look at the overloads in the MucManager for Join room. There is a overload for password protected rooms.

1. public void JoinRoom(Jid room, string nickname, string password)

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS