Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
petazetas #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Creating chatrooms/conferences
Hi , I'm currently working on a bot that should be able to connecto two random users , my problem is that I need to be able to connect users using diferent networks ; basically jabber & msn . If I try to create a conference room my msn clients get a message indicating that they need a jabber client to join the room.

Any clues or tips about that? I'm currently using code like this , I'm doing anything wrong here?

Jid jid1 = new Jid("user1%msn.com@msn.jabber.unoc.net");
                    Jid jid2 = new Jid("user2%hotmail.com@msn.jabber.unoc.net");
                    Jid jid3 = new Jid("jabberuser@jabber.unoc.net");
                    Jid roomJid = new Jid(string.Format("{0}@conference.msn.jabber.unoc.net/room", Guid.NewGuid()));

MucManager mucManager = new MucManager(XMPPClient);

mucManager.AcceptDefaultConfiguration(roomJid);
                    mucManager.JoinRoom(roomJid, "room");
                    mucManager.Invite(jid1, roomJid);
                    mucManager.Invite(jid2, roomJid);
                    mucManager.Invite(jid3, roomJid);

Thanks in advance.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4317 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

you can't join a jabber/xmpp conference room with a msn account. This feature is not supported by the transports AFAIK.

Alex
petazetas #3
Hi , I see .. but is there any way to create a group chat between a msn a jabber an a yahoo account at the same time?

Thanks,
Alex #4
Hello,

i would be possible to build a chatroom with a msn and a XMPP user or a yahoo and a XMPP user. But AFAIK there is no way to bring a msn and yahoo user together in a chat room. I also don't think the yahoo and msn transports support groupchat yet. So you would have to extend them yourself.

Alex
petazetas #5
Hi , I have been able to create a groupchat and invite two msn contacts but I have been unable to add a msn and jabber user , as you said It should be possible.

Anyone can post a code snippet that could demonstrate how the library is to be used?
Thanks
Alex #6
Hello,

if you could invite a msn user then i assume you have a msn transport running correctly. Adding a msn user to the roster is exactly the same as adding a XMPP user o the roster. You only have to take care that you replace the "@" in the msn address with a "%".
So if your MSN users's ID is test@hotmail.com and your MSN Gateway runs on the domain msn.yourserver.com, then the JID of the MSN user is test%hotmal.com@msn.yourserver.com.
You can also download a existing jabber client with transport support and take a look at the XML Debug messages. I recommend Exodus, PSI or Pandion for that if you are on windows.

Alex
petazetas #7
Hi Alex , thanks for your explanation but I already knew that , (perhaps my question was not clear).

I'm using the agsXMPP library to implement a bot wich is also exposed as an msn user to msn messenger contacts. What I want to do is create a group chat and add 3 users to it : my bot , and two other users. this users can be two jabber users , two msn users or a msn and a jabber user , how should I use MucManger to do it ?

I have managed to connect to msn users using the code below :

MucManager mucManager = new MucManager(IMBot.XMPPClient);

Jid room = new Jid ("room@msn.jabber.belnet.be");

mucManager.AcceptDefaultConfiguration(Room);
            mucManager.JoinRoom(Room, "MyRoom");
            mucManager.Invite(User1, Room);
            mucManager.Invite(User2, Room);
            mucManager.Invite(IMBot.BotJid, Room);

// Setup new Presence Callback
            IMBot.XMPPClient.PresenceGrabber.Add(
                Room,
                new BareJidComparer(),
                new PresenceCB(ChatRoomPresenceCallback),
                null);

If I use Jid room = new Jid ("room@conference.jabber.belnet.be"); inset of Jid room = new Jid ("room@msn.jabber.belnet.be") my msn contacts can't connect to the room.

I'm using the msn transport located at : msn.jabber.belnet.be
Conference server : conference.jabber.belnet.be
Alex #8
you should first figure out if the msn transport you use supports conferencing. Normally the transports on support basic chat, roster and presence.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS