Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: XMPP Protocol RSS
vietnt #1
Member since Feb 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: About XMPP authentication
Hi Alex. I have a question about XMPP authentication. I'm trying to develope a system which everyone can login with his/her JID. Is that possible if i use XMPP authentication??

What do i have to do with the @gmail.com username/password set entered in myClient to determine if that was the correct @gmail.com username/password??

Whenever a XMPP client do an authentication to a XMPP server (ex: @gmail.com), does the username/password set have to be sent directly to @gmail.com or
could this be?

username/password               username/password
myClient    ---->       @myserver.org        --->       @gmail.com
               <----                                   <---
             login result                          login result
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

Are you developing a HTTP authentication system?
When yes, yes its possible to authenticate with XMPP to webpages or authenticate against a XMPP server.
Please take a look at the following JEPS:

i would say JEP-0070 ist the way to go. There is also a Google Summer of code project on that right now.
see: http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/HTTP-Auth_suite

Alex
vietnt #3
Member since Feb 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
I'm a student who is finding out about Jabber/XMPP and i may say it's cool. Thanks a lot for your good supporting (^-^).
This post was edited on 2006-05-31, 15:12 by vietnt.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: