Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX and XmppDotNet RSS
skhanna #1
Member since Jul 2016 · 73 posts · Location: Indore
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Send Message Confirmation
Hi Alex,

I want to know that my message is successfully send. I know that there is one event OnStanzaSent and it tell us that your message is sent. But there are so many messages are send so how to find out in OnStanzaSent. I checked that OnStanzaSent  have only Id property but how to relate this id to send message.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
skhanna #2
Hi Alex,

how to link send message to OnStanzaSent message?

Thanks
Sanjeev
Alex #3
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
There are many solutions, its depends on which layer you need the notification. There are many threads about this here in the.

Please start here with some research:
  • much more when you use the search...

When you send a packet it returns an Id to you. Then you can use the OnStanzaSent event to get a notification when this packet left the socket in MatriX. But this is not end to end. This is why it depends on which layer you need it.
skhanna #4
Thanks Alex.

My requirement is that.

(1) To confirm that there is no error in broadcasting the message on sender side.
(2) Once message is deliver to receiver, Sender can show the message delivery of send message

On sender side we are using Matrix library but on receiver side we have different XMPP library like strophe, smack

Is there any automate process in matrix or openfire server to achieve these requirement.  If you can provide any code example that can be easy to understand.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Alex #5
it sounds to me like you want end to end notifications. So I suggest to look at this:
http://forum.ag-software.net/thread/1914-XEP-0184-Message-…
skhanna #6
Hi Alex,

Thanks!!!

I implemented according to your suggestion but when I receive delivery message on sender side. It does not have receiver id in message stanza.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Alex #7
Quote by skhanna:
I implemented according to your suggestion but when I receive delivery message on sender side. It does not have receiver id in message stanza.

Then you are missing to the add the ids in your code.
See also: http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0184.html
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: