Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS
preilly #1
Member since Apr 2006 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Retrieving contacts
Hi,

I'm trying to make a multi-headed client, and I don't want to use two separate buddy lists.

Is there a way to get my contacts on logon if I'm not using agsXMPP's roster object?
Jabberer #2
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
Hello preilly,

I don't understand your question exactly and i don't understand what you mean by a multi-headed client.

When AutoRoster is true the library requests the roster automatically on every login. You can also set it to false and request the roster manual whenever you want. You can also store the roster with your app in a database and never request it again on logins. Or sync with your database every X logins.
Software Developer
AG-Software
sameeradams #3
Member since May 2006 · 3 posts
hey, i am interested in storing the roster in a sql server db. could you recomment a method of doing this please?
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4245 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Hello,

why do you want to store the roster in a SQL server db? Are you writing a server?
If you are writing a server then the data structure of jabberd2 could be a good start.
see: http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/docs/section13.html#13_5

Alex
Alexander Gnauck
AG-Software
sameeradams #5
i am running a wildfire server and effectively all i need to do is store a log of all private conversations in my sql server db. admin console does not allow this tho, so i have to code it. i am using vb.net 2005
Jabberer #6
Member since Feb 2006 · 249 posts
look in your wilfire server admin console at Message Audit Policy.
This allows you to log all coversations. More help you will find in the wildfire forums.
Software Developer
AG-Software
sameeradams #7
hey, i have set the message audit policy on but do not know where it logs to. anyways, i have sorted this out by logging the conversation in the code and sending to db thru code. thanks alot for the help.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP SDK Support RSS