Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX and XmppDotNet RSS
cvoluter #1
Member since Jan 2015 · 14 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Using XMPPComponent into PubSubManager
Hello,
I try to create an XMPP component which can manage publication subscribe nodes, but it impossible to swap xmppComponent class instead xmppClient class inside constructor parameter.

Is there a way to use PubSubManager with xmppComponent ?

Thks ?
This post was edited on 2015-07-20, 10:41 by cvoluter.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4449 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
the PubSubManager is for client connections only.
Why not creating a bot client instead of a component?
cvoluter #3
Hello,
My project needs to use xmpp component connection.

We explore all possibilities to use the right xmpp connection protocol for managing publication subscribe and other feature from single xmpp management bot.

In Matrix lib, which use case XmppComponent is recommended to use against XmppClient?

Thks,
Alex #4
components are usually used to write server extensions and modules. For example a MUC or Pubsub module.
Components are usually addressed under a subdomain of the server like:

• muc.server.com
  • pubsub,.server.com
  • mycustomcomponent.server.com

The server just forwards the packet to the component which implements all the logic and handles the packets.

What you describe in your initial question does not sound like a component use case to me. You want to talk to an existing component (pubsub), but you don't want to write a component including logic yourself.

Alex
cvoluter #5
Thanks for your information,

My project consists to have a module witch communicate with other software (m2m communication).

This module in function of specific request received must do:

- Create or destroy pubsub node
- Affiliate or unafiliate Jids to a node
- Publish message into node

We think that is better to use XmppComponent in this case because our module receive order from multiple clients.
But this module must able to interact witch other module. To work around this problem, we could re-develop the functionality, but we seek to avoid this.
Alex #6
Because I don't all the details and the architecture of your software I cannot suggest to you whats the best.

If you want to send Pubsub packets from a component you have to build the packets yourself and cannot use the PubSubManager, because it generates the packets in the client namespace right now. But building the packets you need should be pretty trival.
When you need help then we can paste the code from the PubSubManager which creates the packets you need.
There has never been a request before to use PubSubManager from a component.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: