Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX and XmppDotNet RSS
Lightbarrier #1
Member since Jul 2014 · 52 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Retrieve Roster Manually
I want to be able to retrieve the roster a second time, after retrieving it once from logging in.

I know the RosterManager allows you to add, update, and remove contacts however, I'm worried about wither or not these contacts will be successfully modified. So, I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve my contacts again with RosterManager?

I could implement the following query below pretty easily however, if something else already exists to do the job I would rather use that.

Thanks for the help.

1. <iq from='juliet@example.com/balcony'
  2.       id='bv1bs71f'
  3.       type='get'>
  4.     <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster'/>
  5.  </iq>
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4449 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
you can request the roster at any time later when you want. Just so:

1. xmppClient.RequestRoster();

but that is not necessary. When you store all the contacts you get during the login you are fine.
You get notified automatically on all changes for your roster during your session. Whenever there is a change Matrix fires a OnRosterItem event to you. This event is for new, updates and deletes.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: