Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX and XmppDotNet RSS
atraver #1
Member since May 2014 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Xcode compilation fails using Unity3D with MatriX
I'm trying to test out a simple chat client on my phone. I'm using Unity3D 4.5 (just released a few days ago, not sure if things are different with 4.3) and MatriX 1.5.5.6, compiling with Xcode 5.1.1. Here's the error I get:

CompileC /Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Matrix.dll.o Libraries/Matrix.dll.s normal armv7 assembler-with-cpp com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    cd /Users/adam/dev/hobo/hobo_chat/iOS
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x assembler-with-cpp -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wno-empty-body -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wno-constant-conversion -Wno-int-conversion -Wno-bool-conversion -Wno-enum-conversion -Wno-shorten-64-to-32 -Wno-newline-eof -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wdeprecated-declarations -g -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=4.3 -iquote /Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/ProductName-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/ProductName-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/ProductName-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/ProductName-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Products/include -I/Users/adam/dev/hobo/hobo_chat/iOS/Classes -I/Users/adam/dev/hobo/hobo_chat/iOS -I/Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/DerivedSources/armv7 -I/Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Products -mno-thumb -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Matrix.dll.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Matrix.dll.dia -c /Users/adam/dev/hobo/hobo_chat/iOS/Libraries/Matrix.dll.s -o /Users/adam/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-cdbynpvjytgbegcljfmvgoarmiif/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Matrix.dll.o

/Users/adam/dev/hobo/hobo_chat/iOS/Libraries/Matrix.dll.s:199115:1: error: invalid symbol redefinition
plt__class_init________:
^
/Users/adam/dev/hobo/hobo_chat/iOS/Libraries/Matrix.dll.s:200420:1: error: invalid symbol redefinition
plt__class_init________:
^
/Users/adam/dev/hobo/hobo_chat/iOS/Libraries/Matrix.dll.s:200725:1: error: invalid symbol redefinition
plt__class_init_____:
^
Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1

Has anyone seen this before?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
There were no problems reported with unity before.
But I don't know if there are any changes in the latest version.

Are you using the correct Mono build from the latest downloads?

Alex
atraver #3
Thanks for the reply, Alex.

I'm using Mono version 2.10.11. I hope that's the same version -- I haven't configured anything differently, that I know of. However I'm not entirely sure what version ships with Unity3D, and I feel like it's not been easy to figure out the version, definitively (it could be that I accidentally installed another version and my projects have been pegged at that versus what Unity wants).
Alex #4
Sorry, I don't mean the Mono build version.
I mean the correct MatriX build for Mono from here:http://www.ag-software.net/download-directory/

Alex
atraver #5
Seemingly, yes. I downloaded version 1.5.5.6 from the download directory (under "home > MatriX > Mono").
Alex #6
  • is this the first time you use MatriX with Unity?
  • If not, did it work before with older version?
  • Does it fail for iOS only or also other platforms?
  • Can you get a better Stacktrace? The error information is not very useful, all I see is: invalid symbol redefinition
atraver #7
  • I was using MatriX 1.5.5.6 with Unity 4.3, but at the time I didn't have the "pro" version of Unity so I couldn't export MatriX to iOS. I'll see if it's possible to downgrade my Unity project to 4.3 and try again.
  • MatriX works just fine through Unity's preview mode, but I'll admit I don't currently have access to an Android device (nor do I have the correct Unity license for that). Unity's "Web Player" export also balks because of reflection (not sure if this is MatriX or something else I'm using, but I'm not planning on deploying via Web Player anyhow).
  • Unfortunately, the text I pasted is the only thing Xcode is giving me. This is a compile error, not a runtime error. Looking online, it seems as though it could be related to assembly obfuscation. I'm not sure if that relates to MatriX at all, but I can't a lot of information out there on this.
Alex #8
MatriX builds are obfuscated. You can contact me directly by Email regarding the obfuscation.

Alex
Alex #9
We have solved this problem by Email.
When you have the same problems then please contact us directly by email for a special XCode build.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: