Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX RSS
sbaberf #1
Member since Feb 2014 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: matriX SDK with ASP.NET
I have been able to use matrix C# successfully. But now i want to make web application using ASP.NET.
I used the same logic as C# in ASP.NEt but unfortunately i have only been able to send message to jitsi recieving is not working and neither any of the events like onlogin onmessage etc.
Please Help what should i need to do ?
This post was edited on 2014-02-25, 15:37 by Alex.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4322 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Please read this post:
http://www.ag-software.net/2012/08/20/web-clients-with-mat…

And please download the complete MatriX SDK which includes a web client example. There should be everything you need to get started.
http://www.ag-software.net/matrix-xmpp-sdk/download/

Alex
sbaberf #3
Subject: Thank you ALEX
Thanks ALEX for quick response ... but there is another issue the listening is going good but i cant send message now .. even in example it is not mentioned anything about message sending ... please if you can help again
:)
Alex #4
sending a message is simple.

just put a java script in your code which calls a SendChat function on your hub

1. function sendChat(to, text) {
  2.    gMatrixHub.sendChatMessage(to, text);
  3. }

put a method like this in your Hub:
  1. public void SendChatMessage(string to, string text)
  2. {
  3.     XmppClient xmppClient = XmppClients[Context.ConnectionId];
  4.     xmppClient.Send(new Message
  5.             {
  6.                 Type = MessageType.chat,
  7.                 To = to,
  8.                 Body = text
  9.             });
  10.     }
  11. }

Alex
sbaberf #5
Thanks Alex you Are Awesome
Alex #6
great that its working now.

SignalR is only your realtime channel from your code behind to browser. Because out of the box ASPX and other web technologies are not realtime. They implement on the GET pattern. Browser request a page and the server delivers it. So the action comes always from your browser. XMPP is realtime, and when somebody sends you a message it comes in realtime in your code behind. And now we need the opposite. The server has to notify the browser in realtime that new data is available.

Once you are familiar with this you can use the WIndows Desktop Windows client example and reuse most of the code which some smaller modifications for your webclient. The MatriX API is always the same.

Alex
sbaberf #7
Alex, Thanks for this information.
I am pretty much aware with the functionality (thanks to you).
Actually we are trying to build shared white board application, which will be cross-platform. We will use xmpp protocol as a medium of coordinates sending :)
Now we will be trying to add Audio and Video chat feature as well using jingle .. but that is giving us really hard time :(
Alex #8
Quote by sbaberf:
Now we will be trying to add Audio and Video chat feature as well using jingle .. but that is giving us really hard time :(
yes its a challenge..... If it would be that easy you would see much more competition to Skype ;-)

Alex
sbaberf #9
Subject: MatriXAPI not working when I uploaded my Application on server ..Need Help Alex .. Please :)
Hello Alex,
Hope you are fine and doing awesome. I just needed you help regarding the MatriXSDK.
We have build our app as i mentioned in above messages, Matrix SDK runs when i debug the application in Visual Studio, but when i uploaded the my application on server it stopped working.
The popup message that tells to purchase this SDK is not popping .. Please if you can help us in this regard.
you can check the applicaiton by yourself . www.collect-info.com
Regards Mate
Alex #10
you have to check your server logs to see whats going wrong I guess.
Many web servers or 3rd party hosters for example don't allow sockets by default. So check that all this permissions are set.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: MatriX RSS