Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
Avatar
fjunior #1
Member since Nov 2013 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Line feed not coming up
I’m just not getting the line feed on receive anymore, any ideas? I used to get it in the past, I tried everything on code, different machines, accounts (facebook), versions, looked everywhere but couldn't get what is happening. The line feed sends fine but when receiving from whatever client it is simply filtered.

I'm completely sure (char 10) does not arrive on received msg.body like it did before.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Avatar
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4296 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by fjunior:
I’m just not getting the line feed on receive anymore, any ideas? I used to get it in the past, I tried everything on code, different machines, accounts (facebook), versions, looked everywhere but couldn't get what is happening. The line feed sends fine but when receiving from whatever client it is simply filtered.

when you have not changed anything related to linebreaks in your code, or have not updated the XMPP library then it must be the server.
It would help when you attach your XML logs and the sockets lots. Then I can take a look at them.
Have you tried other servers than Facebook?

Alex
Avatar
fjunior #3
Member since Nov 2013 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Thanks Alex !

Yes, I also think that is server related, but I don't get how other clients works fine. I'm using agsXMPP and it does pretty much everything for me, can you point me how can I start grabbing the XMLs ?

Thanks again !

Fernando
Avatar
fjunior #4
Member since Nov 2013 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Was sent A\nB\nC (shift+enter from facebook)

I used to get a char 10 for line feed.

What I have now.

{<message xmlns="jabber:client" to="-10000694328599@chat.facebook.com/agsXMPP" type="chat" from="-1629849172@chat.facebook.com"><body>ABC</body><active xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates" /></message>}
    base {agsXMPP.protocol.Base.Stanza}: {<message xmlns="jabber:client" to="-1000043902309321@chat.facebook.com/agsXMPP" type="chat" from="-1629849172@chat.facebook.com"><body>ABC</body><active xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates" /></message>}
    Body: "ABC"
    Chatstate: active
    Error: null
    Headers: null
    Html: null
    Nickname: null
    Subject: null
    Thread: null
    Type: chat
    XDelay: null
    XEvent: null
>
Avatar
Alex #5
Member since Feb 2003 · 4296 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
look at the MiniClient example, there it is described how you can get the socket logs. If you don't see your linebreak in the socket log then the Facebook client does not send them or the Facebook server removes them.
Avatar
fjunior #6
Member since Nov 2013 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I was looking into it, having hard times trying to implement those class on my project and then the line feed started to show up again. I reverted my project back and still working now. At this point I am presuming miniclient initialized some persistent global parameters that made it work.  Would that be possible? Although I tested .net 2.0 library version, maybe the 2.0 framework project. Anyway, issue is fixed for now. Thx for the great support, great product also. I'm using for an academic project, hope it becomes commercial someday.
Avatar
Alex #7
Member since Feb 2003 · 4296 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by fjunior:
At this point I am presuming miniclient initialized some persistent global parameters that made it work.  Would that be possible?
No :-D
There must be something else in your codes which caused this behavior.
Glad to hear that its working again.

Alex
Avatar
fjunior #8
Member since Nov 2013 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
hehe, really weird, I have source control over the project and when the issue started I reverted to all versions with no luck, now I revert to any version and everything goes fine. With the problem I tried in three different environments (machines/os) and also different fb accounts. I can only assume that some server side change occurred meanwhile.
Avatar
Alex #9
Member since Feb 2003 · 4296 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by fjunior:
I can only assume that some server side change occurred meanwhile.

yes, or the Facebook Website.
This group is a good venue for discussing such kind of problems with other developers and Facebook employees:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/315869928431057/

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS