Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
cosmintg #1
Member since Jun 2013 · 2 posts · Location: Bucharest
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Facebook conversations with agsXMPP
Hello,

I am currently working on a Facebook messenger in wpf and agsXMPP seems to be the best solution.
I implemented already the simple 1-on-1 conversations, i can get the contact list and their avatars (actually using graph api for avatars), but i have 2 problems that i cannot solve:

1.) How can i communicate with a group of persons? Like a group chat on facebook. In facebook, you have that conversation id when you invite 2 persons to chat with you. Can i send a message based on that id? And how can i get all the conversations' ids?

2.) How can i retrieve unread messages? Like, offline messages? I kept searching but nothing came up.

Anything would help.
Thank you very much,
Cosmin
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4447 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by cosmintg:
1.) How can i communicate with a group of persons? Like a group chat on facebook. In facebook, you have that conversation id when you invite 2 persons to chat with you. Can i send a message based on that id? And how can i get all the conversations' ids?

Facebook has developed its own XMPP server. They have implemented only a small subset of XMPP. As far as I know group messaging (called MUC in XMPP) is not on their roadmap. But you can ask the developers directly here in thier Facebook XMPP developers group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/315869928431057/

Quote by cosmintg:
2.) How can i retrieve unread messages? Like, offline messages? I kept searching but nothing came up.

When you go online again then a XMPP server must send you all offline messages automatically. But I don't know if Facebook has implemented this feature to thier XMPP server.
cosmintg #3
Member since Jun 2013 · 2 posts · Location: Bucharest
Group memberships: Members
Thank you Alex, I will look into facebook xmpp developers group.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS