Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used
Maciej #1
Member since Jul 2012 · 12 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: DNS resolve fails sometimes, why?
Hi Alex,

sometimes some of my users are not able to connect to Google Talk. My application log files contain the following.

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)
at agsXMPP.Net.Dns.Resolver.UdpTransfer(IPEndPoint server, Byte[] requestMessage)
at agsXMPP.Net.Dns.Resolver.Lookup(Request request, IPAddress dnsServer)
at agsXMPP.Net.Dns.Resolver.SRVLookup(String domain, IPAddress dnsServer)
at agsXMPP.XmppClientConnection.ResolveSrv()

My users say that they can use "normal" Google Talk clients and chatting is working with them. Do you have any idea what the problem might be or how to debug it? Or maybe how to fix the code to get it working?

Do you think it's a good idea to always connect to xmpp.l.google.com on port 5222 instead of resolving DNS if you know that your users will always connect to GTalk? Maybe that would be a fix for me and my clients.

Kind regards
Maciej
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4296 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I think this is related to ipv6 in the DnsResolver. I have added ipv6 support to the Dns resolver.
Can you pleas check out the latest sources to see if this fixes your problem?

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS