Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX RSS
Karthik #1
Member since Aug 2012 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: IBB File Transfer
Does the Matrix IBB file transfer functions implement the XEP-0047 protocol? I am not able to establish a file transfer connection between a Matrix client and another client which uses python based SleekXMPP library? Looks like the SleekXMPP client is unable to recognize the IQ packet format for connection request from the Matrix client. Or am I missing something?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4296 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
yes MatriX uses IBB XEP-0047. And it uses XEP-0095 for stream initiation of the file transfer. XEP-0095 is probably what its missing on the python side.

Alex
Karthik #3
You are right XEP-0095 is not available in the current sleekXMPP python library and that explains why the connection request would not work. Thanks for the quick response.
Alex #4
Should be pretty easy to add on the Python side or create your own FileTransferManager for Matrix without SIE.

Alex
Karthik #5
How can I create my own FileTransferManager without SIE? I am using the trial version of Matrix DLL, I didn't think the source code was included there...
Alex #6
You have to study XEP-0047 and then implement it using MatriX. All classes you need are in the Matrix.Xmpp.IBB namespace.
IBB contains only 3 different types of messages, Open, Close and Data.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: MatriX RSS