Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
Maciej #1
Member since Jul 2012 · 12 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Using google e-Mail address and not the hash?
Hi Alex,

is it possible to use the gmail address for sending messages to google users via agsXMPP? Because it seems that messages are only delivered if I use the hash@public.talk.google.com formatted user names. Or is there a way to resolve the hashed users from gmail e-mail addresses?

Kind regards
Maciej
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4295 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Of course it's possible. And you always send to the real Gmail ids like user@gmail.com.
No idea where you have seen the hashes.

Alex
Maciej #3
Member since Jul 2012 · 12 posts
Group memberships: Members
Hello again,

I found out that google hides the original e-mail for users added on Google+. So you have to add users on Gmail and NOT Google+ (only), than you are able to send via agsXMPP.

Thanks your great library,
Maciej

P.S.: With the help of agsXMPP I am writing a plug-in for Honorbuddy, see http://www.thebuddyforum.com, so that users can send messages to World of Warcraft (whispers/guild messages/says) users and react when they are being chatted. It will be possible to send commands like "/status" to get the bot status on GMail.

I am asking myself: If I would like to sell my plug-in to users for 10 USD / copy. Would it be possible to pay you 10% or 20% for each sold copy instead of buying the 5000 Euro developer license (the code changed slightly)? Because I cannot afford that and have no idea how many licenses will sell (mein Englisch ist etwas eingerostet).
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4295 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Great that it is working now.
For licensing please contact me directly by email.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS