Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX RSS
McTwist180 #1
Member since Jun 2012 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile
Subject: Setting the route attribute for a BOSH connection
I am creating a Matrix Bosh client which is connecting to an Openfire server through Punjab.  Ideally I would like to be able to connect to multiple servers in different domains.  The XMPP document XEP-0124 http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0124.html specifies a route parameter in the Bosh session creation request but I cannot find any way to access this in Matrix.  Is there a way?  If not is there a workaround that would allow me to do this?
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4298 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile
You don't need this for Punjab. Punjab reads the XMPP domain from the bosh body and is automatically connecting to the correct XMPP server.

Alex
wohali #3
Member since Jan 2015 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile
Subject: Required for HipChat Server
I'm afraid that you do need this for HipChat Server, however, as HipChat Jabber servers are not federated.

Would you be willing to add the route parameter to the library, as outlined in XEP-0124 section 7.1?

A connection manager MAY be configured to enable sessions with more than one server in different domains. When requesting a session with such a "proxy" connection manager, a client SHOULD include a 'route' attribute that specifies the protocol, hostname, and port of the server with which it wants to communicate, formatted as "proto:host:port" (e.g., "xmpp:example.com:9999").
Alex #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 4298 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile
you also don't need this for HipChat. Hipchat is standard XMPP. You even don't need Bosh and can connect with sockets to HipChat.

When you need it for some reason for HipChat then please post the logs here where I can see what is required.

Thanks,
Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: MatriX RSS