Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX and XmppDotNet RSS
Stuart O'Reilly #1
Member since Nov 2011 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Weather demo works until first dis-connect/re-connect
Hello All,
   I have integrated the weather demo into the miniclient demo and it all works (i can receive the weather etc from another client). But, if i disconnect one client and then reconnect it, the weather part of the demo stops working...Having investigated this a bit i have found that the data is being received by the client (e.g. xml read debug shows it comming in) but the xmppOnIq event handler stops being called.
Is there any sort of initialisation that i should conduct between dis-connects and re-connects?
Thanks
Stuart
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4449 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by Stuart O'Reilly:
Is there any sort of initialisation that i should conduct between dis-connects and re-connects?

When you do not destroy the XmppClient object or remove the handler on disconnect then there is no reason why it not not raise in the new connection. The MiniClient example reuses the XmppClient after disconnect and on the event tab I can see all handlers after a reconnect.
A Xml log could help to locate the problem and the lines of code you changed in the MiniClient.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters: