Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
ayyrk #1
Member since Jul 2007 · 92 posts
Group memberships: Members, Premium
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Custom IQ Escaped Data
Hi,

I have an old AGSXMPP C# client that I want to connect to a new server.

The new server doesn't use AGSXMPP. The application sends XML in a custom IQ and it looks like the AGSXMPP library escapes the data when it puts it in the IQ. That means the old application is not efficient but that is not my problem.

My problem is that I can escape the XML and return it to the old client in the same custom IQ but the client does not process it correctly.

It is like I have to tell the client that it should first unescape this data.

Question: How does the AGSXMPP code know to unescape xml data in custom IQs? Is this information added to the IQ in the AGSXMPP version of my server application?

Thanks!
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4307 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by ayyrk:
Question: How does the AGSXMPP code know to unescape xml data in custom IQs? Is this information added to the IQ in the AGSXMPP version of my server application?
it cannot know this. When the Xml is escaped then this is either by design of the author, or something is wrong in the code which causes the Xml to be escaped.

Do you have example packets and code?

Alex
ayyrk #3
Member since Jul 2007 · 92 posts
Group memberships: Members, Premium
Alex,

Thanks, that put me on the right track. In my server code I needed to add a few new elements to the result IQ. The missing elements caused the legacy client to fail. It wasn't the xml encoding.

Thanks again,

Long live AG Software!

-Ayyrk
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS