Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: agsXMPP RSS
MissingMethod exception while connecting
farseev #1
Member since Oct 2011 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Missing method exception
I have .Net CF 3.5 application. When i try to connect on windows mobile 6.5 device using agsXMPP  -  I get MissingMethod exception. I tried to use different assemblies( from agxXmpp folder from installer, from "last build"), but i have same error each time: System.MissingMethodException (this version of compact framework cant load assembly) Version =2.0.0.0 in agsXMpp.XmppClientConnection.StreamParserOnStreamElement. Can you help me (give me link to right assembly to include to my project)
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4296 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
This sounds like you are using a wrong dll.

visit this page:
http://www.ag-software.net/download-directory/

and browse to:
/downloads/agsxmpp/CF3.5/ when you target CF 3.5 or
/downloads/agsxmpp/CF2/ when you target 2.0

Alex
farseev #3
I have downloaded it(from 3.5 folder), but it couldn't help me. I can run  only CF 2.0 application, but i strongly need 3.5. May be you can give me simple example 3.5 project or i can download it from anywhere? I have updated by svn, but cant find there any 3,5 project from windows mobile compact framework. thanks
Alex #4
Quote by farseev:
but i strongly need 3.5.
I suggest to use MatriX Mobile then which is optimized for CF 3.5.

Quote by farseev:
May be you can give me simple example 3.5 project or i can download it from anywhere? I have updated by svn, but cant find there any 3,5 project from windows mobile compact framework. thanks
The project files are agsXMPP2008_CF.csproj and agsXMPP2008_CF35.csproj. But I don't know if its up to date in the current SVN version of agsXMPP. It may be possible that you have to add some missing files before it compiles.

Alex
farseev #5
In reply to post #1
it is true, where can i find them?
Alex #6
I have just committed agsXMPP2008_CF35.csproj. When you  checkout the latest sources again there should be all you need to build a CF 3.5 version from the source.
farseev #7
Thanks!
Compiler can't find CData
Alex #8
as I said before the project files are not up to date, but all source files are there. So you have to add the missing files to the project file.
farseev #9
ok! thanks!
This post was edited on 2011-10-11, 13:57 by farseev.
farseev #10
Is agsXMPP from svn in working order? When i try to open connection - i get "OnClose" event and thats all i get. it happens because socket closes connectoin by endrecive event. I cant understand why it can happen. Sample application from "downloads" and CF2 works correctly
This post was edited on 2011-10-12, 11:24 by farseev.
Alex #11
to be honest I have not tested agsXMPP on CF myself for a while. But I see no reason why it shouldn't work. All the latest changes should be compatible with the Compact Framework.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: agsXMPP RSS