Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: MatriX RSS
akchase47 #1
Member since Jul 2011 · 8 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: New to MatriX
Hello,

I am currently looking into Matrix for developing an XMPP client and server. What would one have to do to be able to get a list of contacts from say an SQL database to be transferred to a client. So when the client requests it's roster how much work is it to actually query my own database for that list and return that to the client using the MatriX code?

Don't need code examples, just want to know how hard or easy it is to use the MatriX libraries to add functionality like this to a server.

Thanks.
Alex #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 4311 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by akchase47:
I am currently looking into Matrix for developing an XMPP client and server. What would one have to do to be able to get a list of contacts from say an SQL database to be transferred to a client. So when the client requests it's roster how much work is it to actually query my own database for that list and return that to the client using the MatriX code?
getting and sending the roster from a SQL store is very simple. You need only a query to your SQL database to get all contacts for one user and then put all records in a roster result like the following dummy code:

1. var Result = QueryRosterForUser(user);
  2. var riq = new Matrix.Xmpp.Client.RosterIq {Type = Matrix.Xmpp.IqType.result};
  3. foreach (Result r in Results)
  4. {
  5.    riq.Roster.AddRosterItem(new RosterItem(r.jid, r.name, r.group));
  6. }
  7. connection.send(riq);

MatriX does most of the hard work for you when writing a server. But you still need a good knowledge about the XMPP and the XMPP protocols (RFCs). Because you have to implement the protocol flow. Because many people are interested at server programming we will release a basic server example with one of the next releases, but currently we have no server example for MatriX yet,

Alex
akchase47 #3
Thank you for the quick response.
akchase47 #4
Hello again,

I just downloaded the MatriX .Net libraries and I went to go look at the help document that is included but it doesn't seem to work. All topics are displayed in the left pane, but there is no content in the page. Is this happening for anyone else?
Alex #5
Member since Feb 2003 · 4311 posts · Location: Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
There are some known issues with the Microsoft help viewer, especially when the file is located on a network drive.

Alex
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Forum: MatriX RSS